The Safebridge CrewCare App powered by IDFlu is a digital solution aimed at improving the emotional well-being of the world’s 1.7 million seafarers.
Launched in February 2021, the Safebridge CrewCare App – jointly developed by volunteer group Container Shipping Supporting Seafarers (CSSS), maritime EdTech company Safebridge, data analytics company Motion Ventures, and the Universities of Manchester and Plymouth – encourages seafarers to open up about their feelings and thoughts to mitigate the risk of depression and suicide.
The Crew Care application is a web-based platform which facilitates crew managers’ ability to monitor the status of their seafarers’ well-being, general health, and COVID-19 risks in real time and by location. You also have the power to take immediate action and offer direct support to those who need support.
This application will help companies especially those who have signed the Neptune Declaration since point two states “establish and implement gold standard health protocols based on existing best practice”
The following are the key features of the new application which is now available on the Safebridge Platform:
- Digitally assign General Health (COVID) questionnaire to seafarers
- Digitally assign the well-being questionnaire to seafarers
- Monitor the status of each seafarer using a live interactive map
- Take immediate action using the built-in communications module
- Direct seafarer access to the official ISWAN helpline SeafarerHelp
Designed in full collaboration with and powered by: