As a Yacht Chef, talent, imagination, flexibility, and a proactive attitude are prerequisites in order to succeed. On a yacht, challenges arise more often than encountered on land and prompt response is necessary.
Yacht chefs must be extremely organized and have excellent knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) rules. They should be able to manage the food budget, have an extensive repertoire of international cuisine, and deal with the galley accounts
With this online training course the chef on board a yacht will be able to:
- Control potential hazards and avoid food contamination.
- Select the best possible food supplier and value-for-money products.
- Maintain the available budget and prevent food waste.
- Manage time onboard efficiently.
- Select the most suitable service method for each situation.
- Implement cooking practices based on country, culture and religion.
- Develop international menus to provide your guests with unique dining.
This course is ideal for
- Chefs – of any level of experience looking to start a career as Yacht Chef.
- Yacht Chefs – yacht chefs with prior experience looking to refresh their knowledge and get certified.
- Yacht Owners – looking for a good understanding of the chef requirements and/or train their yacht crew.
- Stewards – working smaller yachts without a dedicated chef and wish to ensure superior guest service.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, we strongly recommend completing the training course Yacht Chef: Mastering Guest Preferences to have a complete overview of this topic and gain the most out of our new online course series.
Module 1: HACCP
• Hazard Analysis
• HACCP Principles
• Temperature Control
• Food Safety
• Suppliers & Product Selection
Module 2: Time Management & Organisational Skills
• Time and Food Management
Module 3: Service
• Methods of Service
• Plating Techniques
Module 3: Cuisine Categories
• International Cuisine Knowledge
• Religious Food Laws
• Dietary Requirements
Module 3: Assembling a Menu
• Meals of The Day
• Culinary Tips
- Certificate Validity: Indefinite
- Course Language: English
- Course Duration: 1.5 hours estimated
- Course Access: 3 months
- Price excl. VAT: 50,00 €