The ORCA Master G2 type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use an ECS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. This ECS offers all functions required in a type approved navigation system in accordance with ISO 19379:2003. Therefore this guided tutorial meets the ISM requirements to ensure that users of the ORCA Master G2 are properly trained in its use before employing it operational at sea.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
- Module 3: Chart Work
- Module 4: Sensors
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Chart Maintenance
- Module 8: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
- Module 9: Navigational Tools and other related Information
Based in Hamburg, SevenCs develops S-57 chart display Kernels for ECDIS, WECDIS and other maritime applications, ENC production and distribution software, and professional maritime navigation software. SevenCs has a long and proud history of active participation in standards development and innovation regarding chart display, production and navigation software.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Net Price – 188,00 €
- Price incl. VAT – 223,72 €
- ORCA Master G2 – Electronic Chart Display and Information System