One of the most vital safety aspects while navigating the vessel is your ability to identify the dangerous areas accurately. Subsequently, you must be able to properly execute the voyage and stay well clear of such high-risk areas. Your ability to carry out these tasks is paramount in ensuring the safety of the vessel and the crew.
“Safe Navigation in Confined Waters” was developed with the guidance of Professor Capt. Ralph Becker-Heins and based on thorough research by experienced nautical authors. In a combined effort, we have selected the most critical elements of this subject to offer you the means of acquiring and refreshing your knowledge for safe navigation in confined waters.
“Safe Navigation in Confined Waters” course includes various possible scenarios which aim to improve the preparation work of the navigator and eventually reduce any potential risks which may occur before going on board.
This Course is Suitable for
• Cadets – who wish to connect their theoretical knowledge with real-life scenarios
• Officers – who want to refresh what they learn when they acquired their CoC
• Masters – who want to have a fresh view on modern techniques of navigation in confined waters
Module 1: Basics of Passage Planning
• Tidal Information
• No-Go Areas
• Clearing Lines
• Leading Lights
Module 2: Digital Passage Planning
• Passage Planning Preparation
• ECDIS VS Paper Chart
• Turn Radius
Module 3: Confined Water Pilotage
• ECDIS Predictor Function
• Parallel Index Lines
• Anchoring and Anchor Watch using ECDIS
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite
- Price incl. VAT – 71,40 €