The Martek iECDIS type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the iECDIS.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
- Module 3: Chart Work
- Module 4: Sensors
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Chart Maintenance
- Module 8: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
- Module 9: Navigational Tools and other related Information
Martek Marine LtD is a leading manufacturer of safety and environmental emmissions monitoring systems for the global marine industry. iECDIS™ is an Electronic Chart Display and Information System MED approved by Det Norske Veritas providing “Intelligent iChart Innovation”.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Price incl. VAT – 218,08 €
- Martek Marine iECDIS – Electronic Chart Display and Information System