The Kelvin Hughes type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital ECDIS.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of about 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Display Features
- Module 3: Sensors
- Module 4: Chart Work
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Navigational Tool
- Module 8: Chart Maintenance
- Module 9: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
- Module 10: Display of Additional Information
Kelvin Hughes is a world leader in the design and supply of navigation and surveillance systems.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Price incl. VAT – 218,08 €
- ZM2144 – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- ZM2300 – Electronic Chart Display and Information System