The JRC type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the JAN 901B/701B/2000 ECDIS.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
- Module 3: Chart Work
- Module 4: Sensors
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Chart Maintenance
- Module 8: Backup Arrangements and Data Management
- Module 9: Navigational Tools and other related Information
Japan Radio Company is a world-leading marine electronics manufacturer specializing in commercial navigation and communications equipment. With headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, the company designs and manufactures commercial and international maritime industry compliant products, including radars, navigation aids and radio and satellite communications equipment. JRC has been involved with ECDIS development for more than 20 years. With main branch offices in Amsterdam and Seattle, JRC is well positioned to provide sales and service support to its comprehensive global network of sales and service partners.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Price incl. VAT – 218,08 €
- JAN-901B/901M – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- JAN-701/701B – Electronic Chart Display and Information System
- JAN-2000 – Electronic Chart Display and Information System