German Shipping Law online course by Safebridge offers an e-learning alternative to ship officers, to acquire the knowledge and certification with regards to the German Maritime Law, as deemed necessary by the national regulations. The course features nine modules, a glossary with all the important German legal terms defined, and a test. A certificate is provided when the test is successfully passed and a copy of the certificate is sent to BSH to keep for their records.
Safebridge GmbH is authorised by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) and by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI), to provide approved training and qualifying examinations for German Maritime Law as per § 21/2 of the Ships Officers’ Training Regulations.
- Offer an e-learning alternative to non-German ship officers (management level) to acquire the knowledge and certification regarding to the German Shipping Law as deemed necessary by the national regulations.
- Provide an online training course to the user, to comply with the STCW convention (regulation I/10 paragraph 2) requiring officers to have appropriate knowledge of the flag states maritime legislation.
- Extend the course offering which is currently offline based, to online.
- Enhance the learning experience of a trainee.
This course is ideal for
German Shipping Law course is suitable for non-German management level officers (chief mates, chief engineers and second engineers), who are on board ships flying the German flag. The course features video tutorials, glossary, test and certification, providing complete high-quality training and examination experience to the end-user.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite
- Course Language: English
- Price incl. VAT – 348,00 €
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: The Federal Republic of Germany
- Module 3: Fundamentals of German Criminal Justice
- Module 4: Maritime Labour Convention
- Module 5: Maritime Responsibility Act
- Module 6: Ship Safety
- Module 7: Dangerous Goods
- Module 8: Law of the Flag
- Module 9: Marine Accident Investigation