SafeLearn offers an online training course on Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS), tailored for Maritime Pilots.
As an informative course and a familiarisation tool, ECDIS Training for Maritime Pilots is specifically designed for pilots operating the onboard ECDIS equipment, covering generic ECDIS training and type-specific modules for various manufacturers.
- Standards and Requirements
- ECDIS Overview
- Electronic Charts
- Alert Management
- Shiphandling with ECDIS
- Introduction and Basics
- ECDIS Setup
- Sensors and Alerts
- Navigating Tools
Objectives & Structure
- Understand the navigational functions of ECDIS;
- Direct the selection of and assess relevant information;
- Understand the potential errors of displayed data and the common errors of interpretation;
- Explain why ECDIS should not be relied upon as the sole source of navigational information;
- Be familiar with the features that are common to all ECDIS systems.
- Generic module: Navigating with ECDIS
- Type-specific rules for various manufacturers
- Price incl. VAT – 116,00 €