The ChartWorld eGlobe G2 type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the ECDIS eGlobe G2.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
- Module 3: Chart Work
- Module 4: Sensors
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Chart Maintenance
- Module 8: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
- Module 9: Navigational Tools and other related Information
ChartWorld is a sister company of SevenCs GmbH, a leading supplier of ECDIS kernel software, ENC chart production tools, and specialist ECS software. ChartWorld International is a value-added reseller of digital electronic charts for marine applications and has been delivering digital data (charts and publications) for SOLAS, Inland Waterways, and workboat use since 2002. The company is based in Limassol and is represented with own offices in Hamburg and in Singapore.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Price incl. VAT – 218,08 €
- eGlobe G2 ECDIS – Electronic Chart Display and Information System