SafeLearn™ and the OSSA provide a range of health and safety products services and training courses for your business, helping your organization to meet its essential workplace training and legislative compliance needs.
For more information on the OSSA products and services, please visit www.ossa.com
Click on the course that you need to start you on a road to a healthier and safer workplace.
- Certification Part I -
This course is designed for joint health and safety committee members and anyone else who is interested in improving their health and safety knowledge. It will provide individuals with the skills they require to identify, assess, and control hazards in the workplace and to fulfil the legislated duties and responsibilities. This course meets the WSIB standards for Basic Certification.
We suggest that participants possess a strong working knowledge of English.
Intermediate web-browser experience is recommended.
Some of the Learning Objectives of this Course Include;
- Understand the organization and contents of, and definitions in, the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Understand important regulations that affect the service sector.
- Describe the general duties and responsibilities of employers and supervisors.
- Understand the duties and responsibilities of workers and certified members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC).
- Describe the steps to follow after a fatality or critical injury.
- Understand the fundamentals of accident prevention.
Classroom-based, Instructor-led Courses (OSSA)
Watch this space for new Courses and online training!